Monday, February 12, 2007

I Love New York

This weekend was intended to be a drive up to NYC, an afternoon/evening with friends, and then an all-day clubing event at Pacha on Sunday. Yes, SunDAY. For a number of reasons, that didn't exactly pan out, not the least of which was the obnoxious lack of organization by Pacha and the general displeasure of getting through club security at 2pm entirely sober. But still, I had a great time with DJ Glow, Momma D, Rouge (who got hot lesbian kissing just hours after I saw her), and a host of NYC friends.

Also of great excitment, I got to see the Hearst Tower:
I only recently learned that it had been completed, in my old neighborhood near the Time Warner Towers. It apparently made #71 in the American Institute of Architects recent list of America's 150 pieces of American architecture. I find the juxtaposition of placing it floating atop the historic old building's shell to be fanciful. And from a distance it is visually stunning as well, like the Swiss Re Tower in London.

All in all, the trip was an easy one, reminding me of the imperative: Get to New York more often!

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?