Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Life is Long

I imagine an update is due, but you'll be surprised to know I can't actually put my finger on how I am feeling. Of course, there is the obvious sorrow, but so much about MOSI still makes me smile that its hard to linger on those feelings. At the same time, I can't seem to linger on the positive ones. Instead, I'm stuck sort of in limbo. More correctly, I think I'm doing what Red and I are notorious for, which is keeping as busy or distracted as possible. Specifically, I have been at work late yesterday and today--I just got home actually. At work I'm too busy preparing for travel to Columbus, OH, and Hawaii in the coming weeks--not to mention trying to keep from falling desperately behind. Tonight was dig-through-the-backlog night, so I feel much better about at least knowing what I haven't gotten to yet.

The title of this entry comes from a brand new Ray LaMontagne song, Gone Away From Me, and it pretty well captures how I think I am feeling. ["Life is long, my love has gone away from me."] If you could hear his voice, you might understand better. It's hard to live in the moment right now, but it is equally hard to look forward to tomorrow. Instead, I look forward to french bread pizza.

Comments:
Strangely enough, I blogged about Ray's new album today as well. Damn inner demons, but at least the sounds are there to fixate on. Oh, thanks for his cover of "Crazy" too...it's poignant.

Thursday?
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?