Monday, February 06, 2006

Commercial Break

Thank god for TiVo, because I didn't have to watch the Superbowl, and in the last hour I was able to catch up on all of the commercials. :) Nothing great, but several make my "Best of" list:

Budweiser's "Streaker" ad, in which horses face off in a game of football and then a freshly shorn sheep streaks the field, brought a chuckle from my lips.

CareerBuilder.com's continuation of the "I work with a bunch of Monkeys" ads brought me smilies, as they always do.

Dove's "Self-Esteem Fund" ad embarrassingly got me chocked up about girl's self-images.

But the BEST? -- Sprint's "Crime Deterrent" ad, in which one guy finally out does his buddy in the locker room in phone features when he proclaims that his includes crime deterrence and then chucks it at the guy's head. "I'm filling a grievance!" gets a second wallop. Nice.

Still, nothing was as good as my favorite from a couple of years ago - Shards 'O Glass Freeze Pops, which had the added benefit of being ridiculously witty.

Here's to marketing!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?