Monday, October 10, 2005

"They're going to kill us all..."

If this were NYCRouge's blog [nycrouge.blogspot.com], that would be today's title. The quote comes from a conversation with Red [lugnochro.blogspot.com] on the subway this morning, returning from our first volunteer experience together (we'll get to my goal progress shortly). The murderers: breeders of foul fowl in Asia, cultivating Avian Flu.

But that's not the story I want to share today. I want to return to Faggot Crack House. I'm delighted to note that my previous post [badapologies.blogspot.com/2005/07/faggot-crack-house.html] is the only hit when you google this dear phrase.

Last night I was headed up the street to a new coffee house, when an attractive gentleman in his late 30s, driving a well-kept car (I don't pay attention to make/model, sorry), pulled up and said, "Excuse me. I don't know if I can ask you this... I'm looking for a bath house around here." "Down at 14th and N, on your right. The Crew Club." I smiled, happy to point this kind sir to his den of depravity. As he pulled away, I suddenly realized he might actually be looking for FCH, which is not marked and thus would explain why he was lost. It was also right around the corner. I suppose I should have asked, "Would you like the reputable establishment, or the underground sex den?," but it just didn't occur to me.

In the end, I'm happy I sent him to the properly licensed and regulated option. I remain convinced they must use some sort of disinfectant there; while I'm sure FCH has pathogens breeding in a shag carpet and dirty stained mattress.

Comments:
Kay, this is my last comment, I swear! I'm so pleased to see the use of the phrase "den of depravity." Thanks for a very entertaining blog catch-up session.
 
To put my quote back in context, I also emphasized that wealthy nations that desire not to be decimated by bird flu might consider more strongly subsidizing feasible and sustainable ways for poor poultry farmers in less wealthy countries to continue their business in a clean way, so as to prevent the creation and transmission of a bird flu which may certainly kill a considerable majority of us, if not all...
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?