Friday, August 26, 2005

Goals: Summer & Beyond

It's been over a month since I went to St. Thomas, and damn near time I got my goals up here for the world to see. After all, what's a goal without accountability? These were the product of a drunken night (okay afternoon) with Blue Like Mine. But what do you expect when you put two hyper, over-achieving, urban YoungPros on an island with nothing to do but drink rum and muse on their existence? Soon the back of an envelope turns into short- and long-range goals for self-improvement.

Because TCR decided recently to demand that my IDP (Individual Development Plan) include "target dates," these goals do too. Some dates have passed, but TCR is all about "extensions," so I figure its fitting.

1. Establish a comfortable & organized living space. Date: 8/15
Status: Okay, we're about half way there. I moved rooms, painted the walls (the red killed me), got a real, actual BIG BOY bed, and bought bedding from my favorite hotel at The W Hotel Store. The bedding is great, but the pillows aren't big enough. Last week I was the Hyatt, the pillows were amazing, and I pulled out the tag to find the Pacific Coast Feather Co. I'll get right on that. As for the piles-o-crap, they're next. New date: 9/15 (lets be reasonable)
2. Continue & fortify my volunteering. Date 7/31
Status: Soooooo not my fault. I got approved from the ethics officer to take pro bono cases, and found a place that has a legal clinic for HIV-related employment discrimination. My forte! [that's pronounced as one syllable, not two.] But they REFUSE to call me back, so I spend my days hounding them on v-mail.
3. Incorporate artistry into my life (painting, photography, etc). Date: 8/31
Status: I had a brief painting fit a while back, but nothing lately. I need to find a photo lab NOW.
4. Weight 165. Date: 10/15
Status: Natural weight is 155. The flu last fall dropped me to 150. I'm proud to say that with 3000 to 4000 calories a day (all I do is eat), I weighed in at 156 today! That's six pounds in maybe 2 weeks! This one we might actually do by the target date.
5. Resolve Buffalo. Date: 8/31
Status: Buffalo is a sordid tale. Sadly, it looks to be resolved no sooner than September 3. Inquire within for details.
6. Restart academic research & writing. Date: Collect - 8/15; Organize - 9/15; write draft - 10/15
Status: Research collected. Check. Organizing will ensue shortly.

There we have it. Simple and straight forward. Stay posted!

Comments:
If you are looking for dark room facilities check out page 46 of this pdf (http://www.glenechopark.org/docs/Catalog%20Winter-Final.pdf).

If you want a professional (artistic) photofinisher (is the a word?) check out http://www.asmancustomphoto.com/home.htm, they used to have an office in DC, but I am not sure if they do any longer. Cheers!
La
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?